SAN JOSE, CA — Innovation in device architecture and process technology is a critical priority for the semiconductor manufacturing industry in light of the complexity, cost and uncertain timing of availability for the introduction of 450mm wafers and next-generation lithography. Consequently, the semiconductor equipment and materials industry is urgently pursuing a range of alternative microelectronics manufacturing technologies including finFETs, 3D-IC, and multiple patterning lithography. These and other wafer processing innovations to maintain the pace of Moore’s Law are being highlighted at SEMICON West 2014 to be held July 8-10 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Twelve sessions will address the key issues in wafer processing — including roadblocks and breakthroughs — surrounding the development and adoption of new technologies in wafer processing including: New Device Architectures, EUV Technologies, Advanced Lithography, Nano Defect Detection and Metrology, and Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD); and Advanced Components and Subsystems. Of special interest to many, updates on the current status of EUV and 450mm wafer progress will be included in these programs.
The lineup for Wafer Processing sessions at SEMICON West 2014 includes:
Tuesday July 8
- STS Session: Challenges, Innovations andDrivers in Metrology
- STS Yield Session: Defectivity & Process Variability
- Variability Control – A Key Challenge and Opportunity
Wednesday July 9
- Sokudo Lithography Breakfast 2014
- STS Session: Getting to 5nm Devices: Evolutionary Scaling to Disruptive Scaling and Beyond
- Subcomponent Supply Chain Challenges for 10nm and Beyond
- Bringing Silicon Photonics to Market
- Productivity Solutions for 300mm and Smaller
- STS Session: Readiness of Advanced Lithography Technologies for HVM
- Wafer Geometry Control for Advanced Semiconductor Manufacturing
Thursday July 10
- Entegris Yield Breakfast Forum 2014
- STS Session: 450mm Technology Development Update
- STS Session: Breakthrough High Volume Manufacturing Innovations
SEMICON West 2014 will feature about 700+ exhibiting companies, representing 24 countries, and is the largest and most influential event of its kind in North America.
Premier sponsors of SEMICON West are: Applied Materials, KLA-Tencor, and Lam Research.