SANTA CLARA, CA – Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced enhancements to the N9000A CXA X-Series signal analyzer that broaden its use in RF and microwave applications. The CXA platform now supports the Windows 7 operating system, giving it better performance and stability.
Additional enhancements include RF CXA phase noise that now provides up to a 10 dB performance improvement, enhancing test result accuracy. For microwave frequencies, the CXA supports new cellular telecommunications, wireless connectivity and digital video measurement applications. Also, there is now an extension to the analyzer’s operating temperature range for guaranteed performance between 0°C to 55°C.
“The CXA entered the market as a high-quality, low-cost solution,” said Brian LeMay, general manager of Agilent’s Chengdu Instruments Division. “The latest enhancements add to its capabilities and value, delivering an affordable signal analyzer with even more features typically associated with higher-cost products.”
Enhancements for the RF CXA analyzer:
• –110 dBc/Hz at 10 kHz offset, 1 GHz center frequency for up to a 10 dB phase-noise performance improvement to provide more accurate test results.
• 64-bit performance CPU with 4 GB RAM to maximize the benefits available from the Windows 7 operating system.
Enhancements for the microwave CXA analyzer include:
• Seven new measurement applications for testing cellular communications, including:
- Multi-standard radio (MSR)
• Two new measurement applications for testing Mobile WiMAX™ and WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n wireless connectivity devices
• Five measurement applications for testing digital video technologies, including:
- Digital cable TV
- DTMB (CTTB)
U.S. Pricing and Availability
The Agilent N9000A signal analyzer starts at $13,259 and varies based on a customer’s specific test system requirements; contact Agilent at (800) 829-4444 for more information. All new orders beginning June 1 will include Windows 7 as standard (W7X).