HIGH WYCOMBE, BUCKS, UK — SMART Group, Europe’s largest technical trade association focusing on surface mount and related technologies, and NPL announce that they will cohost a free, three-day Hands-on Conformal Coating & Cleaning Experience from 8-10 April at NEC, Birmingham. The event will be held during the National Electronics Week (NEW) conference and exhibition.
The 2014 SMART Group and NPL event focuses on conformal coating and each process decision that a design or process engineer must make. Correct choices during introduction, subcontract or for process improvement are key to obtaining the highest reliability in demanding environments.
The Conformal Coating & Cleaning Experience will provide an opportunity to spend up to three days looking at all things coating- and cleaning-related. Plan to attend the free seminars, which will take place during the NEW conference and exhibition.
For information, visit http://www.new-expo.co.uk/newuk/conformalcoating/.
Each presentation will last 15-20 minutes, with the opportunity to learn more with hands-on experience of the key processes and testing techniques used during cleaning, masking and coating board assemblies following the presentations. The Conformal Coating & Cleaning Experience area will provide practical and theoretical experience in coating materials, application methods, inspection and rework with seminars and free process consultancy. It will be an ideal area to meet experts in cleaning and coating, get free advice, learn about the process and solve your problems at the NEC.
“It’s a very exciting project and will be a feature not to be missed by any process, quality or design engineers,” said Bob Willis, NEW Feature coordinator.
During the show, visitors will have the opportunity to win Conformal Coating Training packs plus IPC Standards packs to help in their successful implementation of coating processes. These include:
• Interactive Conformal Coating Process & Defect Guide CD ROM
• Conformal Coating Defect Photo Library
• Conformal Coating Inspection & Defect Wall Charts
Topics covered during the event include:
• Design Rules for Conformal Coating and Cleaning
• Clean or No-Clean for Conformal Coating Reliability
• Selecting a Coating Based on Product and Environment
• Reworking Conformal Coating and Component Damage
• Process and Field Failures with Coatings
• Dip or Spray Coating Advantages and Disadvantages
• IPC, ESA and NASA Inspection Requirements for Coating
• In-Process Quality Control for Conformal Coating PCBs
• Cleaning Printed Board Assemblies for Coating
• Confirming Component Compatibility with Cleaning Materials
• In-House or Contract Coating – Cost and Implementation
• PCB Contamination Testing Options for Coated Boards
• Test Methods for Conformal Coating Reliability
• Conformal Coating Defects Causes and Cures
To obtain a copy of the presentations, visit the “NPL/SMART Conformal Coating & Cleaning Experience” Feature Area at National Electronics Week. Additionally, in conjunction with the event, the SMART Group will produce a free, colour “Conformal Coating & Cleaning Defect Guide.
To receive a free guide, register at http://coatingguide.smartgroup.org/.
As an added benefit, prior to this year’s show, the groups will host a free Webinar “Conformal Coating Inspection Defects – Causes and Cures.” The Webinar will be held on Thursday 20 March at 2:30 p.m. UK time and will be presented by Bob Willis, NPL Defect Database Coordinator. To book your place, visit https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/253393713 today.
For information about the Hands-on Conformal Coating & Cleaning Experience and to book your place, visit http://www.new-expo.co.uk/newuk/conformalcoating/.