CAMARILLO, CA - µZ’s are the smallest off-the-shelf servo drives from ADVANCED Motion Controls. Pronounced ‘Micro-Z’ these plug-in drives are designed for embedded applications in a wide range of industries including: Robotics, Lab Automation, Homeland Security/Military, Electric Mobility, Medical and Packaging.
µZ servo drives are designed to drive brushless and brushed DC motors at a high switching frequency. To increase system reliability and to reduce cabling costs, the drives are designed for direct integration into your PCB. Weighing in at just 8.5 grams, µZ Drives output 10A peak and 5A continuous and operate with a bus voltage range of 10-36VDC.
Designed without the need for a heatsink, the µZ’s are true featherweights with a high power to weight ratio. The µZ’s are fully protected against over-voltage, under-voltage, over-current, over-heating, and short-circuits. Depending on the model, the drives interface with digital controllers that have analog ±10V or PWM/Direction commands. These servo drives require only a single unregulated isolated DC power supply, and are fully RoHS (Reduction of Hazardous Substances) compliant.
Datasheets and Support
AZB10A4 for +/-10V Command Signals
AZBDC10A4 for PWM/Direction Command Signals
- Designed for direct board-to-board integration.
- No heatsink and no need for additional heatsinking results in the smallest installed volume
- Feather weight, 8.5 grams
- Dimensions (mm) 38.1 x 38.1 x 7.34
- Dimensions (in) 1.50 x 1.50 x 0.29
- Large operational temperature range, 0-85C
- Compatible with low inductance motors
- Smallest form factor of any off-the-shelf servo drive from ADVANCED Motion Controls
- 40 kHz switching frequency