Save. Share. Connect.
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
VOLUME - NUMBER
Daily News Archive
Front Page Articles
People in the News
Electronic Mfg. Services
Electronic Mfg. Products
Daily News Archive
Add Message Board
IPC and SMTA Announce the Agenda for Session 3 of the High-Reliability Cleaning and Coating Conference
ROSEMONT, IL —
Industry-leading associations IPC and SMTA jointly announce the agenda for Session 3 of the High-Reliability Cleaning and Coating Conference, scheduled to take place November 13-15, 2012 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel – O’Hare in Chicago, IL. The conference is intensely focused on electronics assembly reliability, and the influence of cleaning and coating upon producing reliable hardware.
Cleanliness Assessment and Process Control are becoming bigger issues as assemblies are built with bottom termination components within high dense platforms. Highly dense interconnects drive more performance in smaller platforms. Assembly residues may increase the risk of premature failure or improper functionality. The challenge for OEMs is to quantify safe residue levels and gain insight into how residues impact long-term reliability and functionality of hardware. To compound this problem, the question of “how clean is clean enough” is more challenging as conductors and circuit traces are increasingly narrower.
The third session at the cleaning and coating conference addresses cleanliness assessment and process control. Doug Pauls of Rockwell Collins will chair this session. The speakers and topics are as follows:
1. A ROSE is Still a ROSE: Ionically, It Makes a Difference – Graham Naisbitt, GEN3Systems
2. Localized Extraction Methods for Ionic Analysis – Eric Camden, Foresite, and Doug Pauls, Rockwell Collins
3. Cleaning Challenges in an HDI World – Mark Northrup, I.E.C. Electronics, Joe Russeau, Precision Analytical Lab, and Mike Bixenman, Kyzen
4. IPC-B-52 SIR: A Discussion of the Current Test Vehicle Design and Possible Modifications for the Future – Matt Kelly, IBM Corporation
5. A comparison of Extract Solution Composition for Bare Boards – Jennifer Klavon, Rockwell Collins
To advance your understanding of chemical and electrical effects on reliability of circuit assemblies and high dense interconnects, plan to attend the Cleaning and Conformal Coating Conference.
For more information about the conference, visit
The technical program for the conference is available at
© 2015 USTECH. All Rights Reserved. |
Contact Us: 610-783-6100 | email@example.com
powered by GIM