|CHANDLER, AZ –
Semblant Ltd. today announced it has expanded its equipment portfolio with the launch of the SPF 1000 and SPF 1500 Plasma Systems. Both systems deliver volume production capability for applying the patented Semblant Plasma Finish (SPF) and are only available from Semblant. The SPF 1000 and SPF 1500 offer unique vacuum and gas flow technology, optimized RF energy delivery methods and superior temperature management to enhance product quality and lower PCB manufacturing costs. Semblant’s SPF provides unmatched PCB protection against creep corrosion and environmental pollutants, extends PCB shelf life, and improves RF performance.
· The SPF 1500 is designed for medium-to-high volume production. The system’s unique design minimizes running costs or operating expenses, including precursor gas and power consumption. The SPF 1500 is targeted for US & European printed circuit board manufacturers (PCB fabs) seeking to offer SPF to their high-reliability, quick turn or military customers.
· The SPF 1000 is designed for lower throughput or high-mix production. The system delivers quick-turn prototype development and uniform plasma treatment with unmatched reliability, safety and ease of operation.
· Semblant’s equipment portfolio now spans the range from quick-turn prototyping-to high-mix production, and can address the highest-volume PCB fabs across Asia, US and Europe through its previously announced SPF ProVia, servicing consumer electronics, mobile, enterprise and consumer networking and computing industrial, automotive, and medical OEMs. With the new systems, Semblant lowers SPF equipment entry point expense with a single machine starting at $99,500.
· Semblant’s SPF is a PCB surface finish solution that delivers PCB protection, corrosion resistance and reliability. SPF can be used to protect any metal finish and preserves solderability with true metal to metal bonds. SPF is a high throughput, room temperature process that is environmentally superior to other final-finish processes, requiring no water, no toxic chemicals, and generating no hazardous waste.
· These systems can be used at the PCB fabricator or they can be used by the assembly facility for protecting all incoming PCBs.
Steve McClure, Semblant vice president of worldwide sales and marketing
· “With the addition of SPF 1000 and SPF 1500 along with Semblant’s SPF ProVia in our equipment portfolio, we are able to address the needs of specialty PCB fabs focused on their customers requiring high-reliability and quick-turn, but demanding SPF surface finish. Our SPF process provides the industry’s most advanced PCB surface finish for protection against creep corrosion and harsh environmental conditions.”
About Semblant Ltd
Semblant is the leader in innovative nanomaterials for electronics manufacturing. Its mission is to deliver advanced plasma process solutions that radically improve electronics manufacturing. Semblant’s plasma processes reduce energy use, require no water or hazardous material recycling, and replace the need for expensive metals while providing improved product quality and lower manufacturing costs. With its disruptive technology, the company is addressing a $1.6 billion market, and a variety of applications including mobile devices, consumer electronics, enterprise computing, networking infrastructure, automotive and military-aerospace. Semblant’s processes have achieved acceptance by major PCB manufacturers and original equipment manufacturers worldwide.